Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Long Hard Road



It's been a long hard road since my blog post, "Where The Trees Know My Name" of June 22, 2008 about the burglary of the cabin. It seems that I've been somewhat of in a "tizz" since then. The family emergency regarding my brother in-law's July 25th head injury has kept us in chronic crisis overload. By the way, he continues to improve daily much to our delight. He definitely has a very long hard road to travel to recover from such a serious injury. We have faith and he has us, therefore it will all work out. This is to explain why my blog posts have been few in number recently as well as being the disclaimer of any responsibility for anything I say that doesn't at first appear to make any sense. On the bright side I'm in route to the ranch after a road trip to South Texas for my precious cousin's wedding. It was an awesome event. Everything was just perfect for their very special day. I am totally thrilled to have been able to be there and to share in the joy of their golden moment. This leads me to the fact that in the past six days I've driven mostly solo for over 2,100 miles. So as you see, tired does not begin to describe my current condition. I just had to stop at a library to post something today. As I've mentioned before, I have a library card in three different states !

I hadn't see the ocean in twelve long years, so when I arrived to the southern most part of Texas, I made a B-line straight for the coast. The sea has been calling my name for quite some years. But much to my dismay I hadn't been able to answer up until now. My cousins had a bed & breakfast inn for the weekend for the special occasion. What a gorgeous place it was to stay. I however opted to go pitch my tent near the beach on South Padre Island. It was only 20 minutes from the Inn which allowed me to commune with nature and still be around for the wedding hustle and bustle. I not only wanted to camp out near the beach, I absolutely needed to camp out near the beach. The full moon gave that magical "glimmerly" look to the water that night. The sea birds talked and chattered all night. The sound of boats both large and small off in the distance lulled me to sleep. I spent time with the sand between my toes and the ocean breeze in my hair. Photographing the sunrise, watching sea gulls and not just listening but actually hearing the rhythm of the waves I felt refreshed in a way that nothing else would have been able to achieve. I gave thanks to the four directions, east, west, north and south for everything and everyone in my life. No matter what the circumstances in which I find myself, I am ALWAYS conscience of how fortunate I have always been compared to two-thirds of the human beings on the planet. I really do understand that the road could be much much longer and much much harder so I never fail to count my blessings.

LIVE
BELIEVE
HOPE
SHARE
LAUGH
REMEMBER
LEARN
APPRECIATE
LOVE
ENJOY
RESPECT
GIVE
ALL
THE DAYS
OF YOUR
LIFE !!!!

No comments: