Saturday, June 12, 2010

What Happened In....

What happened in the past four months since I wrote the blog post "I Joined The 21st Century Yesterday on February 18, 2010 ? Believe it or not, a number of things did happen other than the fact that I became overly absorbed by Facebook . Here is my update:



It was an extra cold winter. It was an extra long winter. At the worst point, it was only 4 degrees here. Our ponds were frozen solid (6 inches of ice). We would bust the ice with a sledge hammer for the horses and in a short period of time it was refrozen. The water faucet near the barn froze up and at the worst point we were filling up five gallon buckets in the bath tub and loading them in the four-wheeler trailer and hauling water to the main barnyard, goat pen, chicken pen as well as to the blind horse habitat. Needless to say, winter is NOT our favorite time of year ! 




My Niece & Nephew made a short and unexpected trip to visit us here at the ranch. They brought along their precious 2 year old daughter. The weather was pretty good considering it was early March. 
 We all had so much fun !!!!





Another Niece & Nephew with their four kids came to spend a weekend with us during Spring Break. We expected fairly warm weather and planned to camp out but the weather turned cold so we camped in but did go up on our mountain ridge to our camp site and start a campfire. We hauled 3 of the kids in the 4-wheeler trailer, which they thoroughly enjoyed. Thanks to a windy day they were able to fly the cool kite that they brought with them. We drank hot chocolate, roasted marshmallows, sang, laughed and told funny stories. A great time was had by all !




In March "some sorry excuse for a human being" dumped a very pregnant Momma Cat at our barn. We set up a large pet porter in the house for her on a Tuesday and on Thursday she had five kittens. Two days after they were born we had the worst snow storm that we have had during the 7 years that we have lived here. At 8 weeks of age my Brother-In-Law adopted 2 of them. We took the Momma to the vet to be spayed  after the kittens were weaned. Now the Momma Cat and 3 of her kittens have become the newest members of our very large but very happy family.

   
We had an unexpected and unwelcome snow fall. Better yet, let's call it a blizzard, because in this part of country on March 2Oth it is time to be working in the garden not to be shoveling 12+ inches of snow so that you can open the back door.  On March 10th and on March 15th,  two of my little cousins celebrated their very 1st birthday. They are on opposite sides of my family and are both the first born of the NEWEST generation of our families. Happy Birthday Baby J.R. and Baby J.W.





I took a road trip to the city and spent Easter Weekend with several of my Nieces and Nephews. I enjoyed two separate Easter Egg Hunts and a cook out at the lake. Very Fun !!!! April 4th of was one of my Niece's 18th birthday and April 5th was one of my other Niece's 22nd birthday..... April 10th was one of my Nephew's birthday, he turned 21 years old....April 16th was another one of my Nephew's birthday, he turned 25 years old.....April 27th was another Niece's birthday, she turned 20 years old. April is a Happy...Happy...Happy Birthday Month !!!!!!!!!!!!!






My Brother-In-Law was approved for SS/Disability in April. He received a near fatal traumatic brain injury in 2008. His recovery has been LONG hard road. He continues to do better with each passing day, for which we thank the Good Lord. As a celebration he and I went to the mountain top tower and enjoyed a day of "playing tourist" ! We went to the top of the tower and took lots of photos and he got his very first good look, actually a bird's eye view of the area he now calls home.

I went to my Niece's College Choir Concert in May. The timing was perfect for me to attend since she had no idea but that night she was presented with a special award. So proud of her and so happy for her. She just turned 21 years old in Feb. 2010.


I reunited with a long lost friend. It had been 17 years since we lost track of each other. I went out to dinner with her and her family in early May. She has a great husband and two awesome sons. I made friends with the three year old by offering him the cherry off the top of the fried ice cream I ordered for dessert.


I went to watch my 18 year old Niece walk across the stage as she received her high school diploma. Her school colors are black and gold, so she dyed her hair black and gold. She made sure to ask me to let her know if we could see her her hair color from from our seats the auditorium... Yes, we sure did !
Good job M. and Congratulations to YOU !!!!



MyHoney celebrated his birthday in May. His sister and his grown daughter made their very first visit to the ranch. He gave them the grand tour on the 4-wheeler. We all enjoyed ourselves immensely. And on June 9th, 2010, my stepdaughter D. turned 18 years old......She is ALL grown up now !!!!
May all of her dreams come true....





So you get the idea...just because I hadn't posted anything on my blog, doesn't mean that there was nothing to blog about around here. So much to do...........................so little time !!!!


No comments: