Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Rising Water





The water is rising. As the Weather Channel shows, we are not the only ones getting way too much rain all at once. My Dad says that this is our July and August rain, that we are getting early, like an early birthday gift that we should appreciate.

The road that I take to drive to the library (in the above photos) will most likely be closed by this afternoon or tomorrow. The water was almost up to the pavement when I came through there this morning. Last year, the water came over the spillway, below the dam and the road was underwater and was closed for about two months.

If the road is closed we will have to take a 15 mile detour, but we are thankful that our place is only totally saturated but not underwater,,,,,yet.

1 comment:

Gypsyheart Lady said...

Just a quick update....after leaving the library and driving to town to get groceries, I tried to get back to the ranch. By then, the road was underwater and officially closed. With groceries (and ice cream) in tow, I had to go the detour route. With half melted ice cream I made it home and now my favorite (and closest) library is out of my reach. Wishing for some sunshine ! ! ! !