Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just Another Day In Paradise

LAYLA: FUN IN THE SUN !

OUR FIRST HARVEST FROM OUR CHERRY BUSHES

HANDFUL OF PEPPERS

OUR FIRST JUICY SWEET PEACH OF THE SEASON

OUR FIRST TOMATOES OF THE YEAR

Sorry I haven't been posting much on my blog lately. I've not been able to get to the library very often to have computer access. As usual, we are busy, working around the ranch. June 20th was six years that we've lived at the ranch. One thing different this year is that My Honey is now home full time. This retirement gig is working out really well, especially for me. I used to have to do all the chores more than half the time while he was out of state working. It's a win - win situation. He loves being home full time and I love having him home full time. It's taken us ten years to finally get on the same schedule.We've been catching up on some of the things that we'd been behind on around here. We finally took the trailer load of stuff to the dump. We finally got our above ground pool cleaned and set up. Now it's like heaven with a pool, which is really nice after a long hot day working around the place. Mowing, weed eating, gardening and working on the flower beds have taken up a good portion of time. But this past weekend,we had a rare occurrence at the ranch, we had company. Our visitors were my niece Katie, her husband, Chilo and their two year old daughter, Layla. We had a grand time. We looked at old photos, laughed, ate, swam and explored around the ranch, garden/orchard and barnyard. A good time was had by all. My Honey and Chilo went fishing in the pond and Chilo "ran the fence lines" on the 4-wheeler. Layla and I had our photo taken sitting on one of our horses. I'm so glad that they came to visit and hope that by having such a good time that they will be inspired to come back for another visit in the near future. Hard work is our life style but you know what they say about ALL WORK AND NO PLAY !

No comments: