Monday, April 21, 2008

100 Random Things About Me

1. I've been trying to SAVE THE WORLD since 1972.
2. At age 30, I danced for the first time.
3. I believe that angels walk among us.
4. I've always wanted a zebra.
5. In 9 years, my husband and I have never been to the movies together.
6. I haven't been on an airplane since 1998.
7. I hate to shop except for groceries and garage sales.
8. I've done medical volunteer work in a foreign country.
9. I could make scrambled eggs when I was 5 years old.
10. I think that EVERYDAY should be Earth Day.
11. I want to learn to sky dive.
12. I translated for patients during my lunch break at the hospital where I worked.
13. I'm a fairly good shot with a rifle or a pistol.
14. I have spent one night in jail. Don't ever ignore a speeding ticket !
15. I hate all things fake.
16. I recycle and buy organic when ever possible.
17. A Siamese was my first cat.
18. I listed my race as "human" on the 1980 & 1990 U.S. Census.
19. My husband and I wrote our own wedding vows.
20. I always cry when I watch sad movies.
21. I traveled with a roofing company for four years. That is hard work.
22. I have the knack of stretching every dollar to $1.50.
23. I started scrap booking last year.
24. I love antiques.
25. I value all living things.
26. I take my pillow with me when I travel.
27. I've backpacked 9 hours across the floor of the Grand Canyon with a limited water supply.
28. Both of my stepdaughter's names have 7 letters and each contains 3 vowels.
29. My first vehicle was a 1968 Volkswagen Bug.
30. It was metallic PURPLE with wide tires.
31. I have never met my in-laws. They live in Arizona.
32. My life has been touched by the kindness of strangers.
33. We had a pet monkey when I was a kid.
34. We bottle raised a baby Bobcat, but not at the same time as #33.
35. My great x 3 grandmother was on the Trail of Tears.
36. By choice, I did not attend my high school prom.
37. I almost died of pneumonia at eighteen months old.
38. My sourdough starter is 4 years old this month.
39. English is my first language.
40. My first Spanish class was at age 22. I now think and dream in Spanish.
41. I have been horseback riding since before I could walk.
42. The longest word that I remember how to spell has 26 letters.
43. It is : ESOPHAGOGASTRODEUDONOSCOPY, I think, lol !!!
44. I love sound of the wind.
45. I believe in signs.
46. I have a never-ending "sweet-tooth"
47. I can "french-braid" my own hair.
48. When she married my dad, my stepmother & I had the same name: first, middle and last.
49. Beginning in 2001, I lived in a cabin on a mountain WITHOUT running water. After 2 years, it's easy.
50. My first very own horse was born four days before I was born. She died when we were 26 years old.
51. In my family of 15 people, there have been 28 marriages.
52. Some were never married. Some were married up to five times.
53. My great x 6 uncle Daniel Boone left the area that he'd settled because it was too crowded.
54. I choose to live in the country for that same reason. Twenty years of city life was enough for me.
55. I admire those who defend the defenseless.
56. When I was 9 yrs.old I broke my arm and hid that fact from my parents for 3 weeks.
57. I have saved every birthday card from my dad for the past 36 years.
58. I have flown in a helicopter and a sea plane.
59. I can cook a full course meal from scratch in a dutch over over a wood fire on a trail ride.
60. The only time that I've ever felt lost was while scuba diving in low visibility conditions.
61. I hate to kill anything. I take "bugs" outside to set them free.
62. I once relocated a possum from the hen house to a river side location with a dozen eggs as a gift.
63. My great-great grandfather was a prisoner of war at Camp Douglas during the Civil War.
64. I hate discrimination of any kind.
65. I hate "hate" of any kind....
66. I have bottle raised three baby goats in the past 7 years.
67. Our cats are named for Old West outlaws.
68. I love candle lit bubble baths.
69. I've been writing checks for bills since I was twelve years old.
70. I love to stand near the edge of a tall cliff, or to sit on the edge with my feet dangling over.
71. Back in 1979, after meeting her son, I promised a co-worker that I'd vote for him for President.
72. Years later, I voted. He won and lived in the White House for eight years.
73. I want to be cremated.
74. As a friend, I was always the one willing to go above and beyond the call of duty.
75. I attempted to remove an old bullet from a friend's scalp. See # 74....above and beyond the call of duty.
76. Ansel Adams is one of my favorite B& W photographers.
77. I want to raise a baby buffalo as a pet.
78. I have my grandmother's house plant. She died in 1981.
79. I have over a dozen nieces and nephews despite the fact that my only sibling has no children.
80. I have had 8 root canals in one day....marathon dental appointments aren't for the faint of heart, lol.
81. I have almost every inexpensive kitchen gadget known to mankind.
82. I have traveled to 19 of the 31 states in Mexico.
83. I haven't "bought" an egg since 2004. We have chickens.
84. I donated over 3 gallons of blood over the course of the years that I worked in hospitals.
85. My homemade baked goods contain duck eggs. We have Indian Runner Ducks.
86. I hate to be cold. I'm cold when most people are comfortable.
87. I've seen the ocean at the Gulf of Mexico, the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean, but not the Atlantic.
88. I believe in premonitions.
89. I lived in an area that reached 128 degrees Fahrenheit
90. I've looked up 40+ long lost friends in the past two years.
91. Years ago, tequila was my favorite party drink....straight with salt and lime.
92. I love to make others laugh.
93. I can't stand to see anyone or anything suffer without trying to intervene.
94. I make homemade bread often.
95. There are 3 kinds of sprouts "sprouting" in my kitchen right now.
96. My mom called me "The Energizer Bunny" because I keep going and going....
97. My dad called me "The Horse Police" for being able to see a skinny horse while driving 70 m.p.h.
98. My sister called me "Betty Crocker" for my love of cooking and baking.
99. I call my husband "My Most Unexpected Blessing" for proving to me that marriage is not a 4 letter word.
100. My heart was stolen when my 7 yr.old stepdaughter started calling me her SECOND MOM. Despite years
of worry and a substantial amount of grief, I've never regretted accepting her as my own daughter.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That was so much fun to read. We have a lot in common!

carol said...

I have known you for 40 something years and never realize how little I knew about you. "100 Random Things About Me" was absolutely wonderful. Reading it made my day! Love you Carol grisaffe

It's me said...

Telling.
Thanks for sharing. I might have to do a similar (shorter) version. I'm pretty positive I can't think of 100 (appropriate to share) things about me!

Anonymous said...

HI TWINNEE...OKAY, I CAN'T WAIT TO READ THIS...THE WHOLE BLOG..THANK YOU FOR THE "DADDY" TOMATOES......


lOVES DYLAN...

Marge at Large said...

I enjoyed that. Thanks.