Friday, April 25, 2008

"A Very Unlikely Blogger"

I'm a very unlikely blogger. Blogging is a very public forum. I am an extremely private person. I have very little computer experience. Until recently, I didn't even know the definition of the word "blog" and certainly didn't know that such a place as "blogosphere" existed.



I don't have a computer. My blogs are rough drafts which are done at the public library. In my life, computer access and free time are very limited. About twenty years ago, I was one of "those" people who wanted nothing to do with this "modern technology" and hoped that this "computer craze" would be nothing more than a passing fad. But since it is here to stay, at least for the foreseeable future I have decided to "jump in over my head", instead of slowly wading in to test the water. I've always done that. It's all or nothing. As Helen Keller said "Life is a daring adventure or nothing".



"My blog, 100 Random Things About Me" served as my introduction for this blog site. I "borrowed" the idea from a cousin out west (hope she didn't mind). I enjoyed reading her blogs, which led me to read other people's blogs. It amazes me how many people there are out there that have something to say. What an incredible age we live in, which allows so many people to voice their opinions and to be heard across long distances at such a high rate of speed.



I have something to say and it will be interesting to find out who will be interested in listening. While this is my 3rd blog post, today I received my first comments. It kind of threw me for a loop, I was caught off guard as to how apparently sometimes comments may require an additional response from me. I'm not sure what is considered appropriate. But I will respond as I do to everything in my life, with the "always sincere and honest" approach. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

No comments: