Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Hippies Were Right !



This is the T-shirt that I bought in honor of Earth Day, back in April. Supposedly, it was part of a campaign to help cotton farmers convert their conventional farms to an organic farming operation. I wore this shirt for the first time recently and was amazed how complete strangers would question the meaning of the message: The Hippies Were Right. While in the city, I received comments regarding the shirt and some disapproving looks as well. It's impossible to know what will get people stirred up these days !

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I saw somebody at the grocery store wearing that same t-shirt today. I googled the phrase "The Hippies Were Right" and your blog came up. I've read several of your entries including 100 Random Things about You. I enjoyed reading your blog. We agree on a lot of things. I'll be back to read more in the future. Thanks for blogging and for being a liberal voice!

--Cindy in Texas

Unknown said...

HA! I dig it.

Anonymous said...

My neighbor in NY had one that I loved! She gets a lot of comments on hers too. I would really like to have one. Where did you find it?
Thanks!
Elaine

Gypsyheart Lady said...

THANKS....for your comment. I got my "The Hippies Were Right" T-shirt at a small town Walmart. If they were selling in small town America, I'd think that stores in larger cities would have them. Hey Elaine, hope you find one soon.

P~ said...

LOL! I have the same shirt, Did you see it on my header when you visited? Great words by the way... you paint beautiful pictures with them.