Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Sight For Sore Eyes



Seeing My Honey, our animals and our place for the first time in a week was a sight for sore eyes. And my eyes have been sore. It's been five days since my eye surgery but I am feeling much better. The first few days were a bit tough. I am able to see much better. Yesterday for the first time I was able to read a menu while having lunch with a friend with my "very own real" eyes. It still doesn't seem real. Being able to see well for the first time in 47 years is going to take some getting used to for sure. It is somewhat distracting to be able to see so well. The first time that I got into my truck, I noticed that my windshield is really dirty. There is a small scratch on the dashboard that I'd never seen before. I've been driving this truck for over a year. Today I am working on the computer without glasses or contact lens. This is truly a miraculous thing. I've called my Dad several times to thank him. My eye surgery was a gift from my Dad. He's been calling and asking "so how are MY new eyes today", which makes him chuckle. During the course of my life he has been my dad, my friend and my Rock of Gibraltar He is one of a kind. Thanks again Dad ! Last night, I sat on the front steps for a good long while. I listened to the crickets chirp, the frogs croak and the owls hoot. At last, back to the serenity and tranquility of our own little piece of heaven.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi lady,
Glad you are home! I know you missed it while you were gone. This blog thing is pretty cool. I am still behind the times. I bet it is great to see so well. Maybe one day I will join the ranks of you and Kirk (and be without visual assistance), oh well, until then, I will hang with the tri-focals. Tell you Honey hi for us. Love ya!!!
Frankie