Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Yikes, Let Me Out Of Here !


Where I used to horseback ride in a beautiful meadow, just a few years ago


Tunnels aren't good when your vision suddenly becomes unreliable !


Early, early, early on a Sunday morning is the only "good" traffic time


From a distance the price looks like $13.79 a gallon.
A sign of things to come ????


I've spent a good amount of my travel time in construction zones and stop and go traffic, trying to avoid accidents and drivers with road rage !!!


YIKES......Let me out of here. One more appointment with the eye doctor and I'm headed back to the country. It's only been six days but I've had enough of this big city life. I'm seeing better than I have in 47 years, but my eyes hurt. My clear vision comes and goes, which can be a bit unnerving on the freeway in rush hour traffic. But my eyes are healing and it seems like a miracle to be seeing with my own eyes. It's been great getting the chance to visit with friends, but honestly, I don't know how people live all crowded together like this. There is no breathing space. It is push and shove, and push some more. Everyone is in such a big ____ hurry. If I ever feel like I'm missing out on something, all I have to do it venture into the city and immediately I remember why moved to the country.

No comments: