Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Thing Of Terror & Beauty


This is a photo I took of a photograph. While staying at a friend's house in the city, this photo would draw me to it several times. Over the course of the week I spent at her house, I walked by this photo several times and found myself stopping to look at it again and again. Even without having been there I can imagine how terrifying it must have been for everyone in the area. I can imagine how it must have affected the wildlife. My friend lived near Vallecito, Colorado when this fire occurred. I know nothing about the details other than she referred to it as the Missionary Ridge Fire of 2002. I know that her home and family survived this fire. But that is all I know about it. How can something so terrifying and devestating be so beautiful?

No comments: