Monday, July 21, 2008

Salsa Anyone?




Salsa Anyone? If you've read my blog post 100 Random Things, then you know that I was not referring to dancing, lol. The top photo is the Green Zebra Salsa. The middle photo is a red salsa made from a variety of our red tomatoes such as Jet Star, Early Girl, Celebrity, Roma and Beefsteak Tomatoes. The bottom photo is salsa made from the little bitty Yellow Pear Tomatoes. As I learned from an elderly "senora" in Mexico, the secret to salsa is to roast the tomatoes and chile peppers on the "comal" (griddle) on low heat until they are roasted and somewhat charred. My Honey and I did our own taste test and we decided that the Green Zebra Salsa came in first place with the Yellow Pear Salsa as second. As I've said before, to me, cooking is like life, just one big experiment.

No comments: