Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Sign, Sign Everywhere....


Sign, Sign everywhere a sign, blocking my vision, breaking my mind like the 70s song goes. In the past few days I've seen one too many signs while traveling and then having to read those awful eye chart/sign things. I have always dreaded taking a test that I know beforehand that I won't be able to pass. This freeway sign was blocking my view of it but it was a beautiful sunrise this morning. It's been fun but it's time to get back to the ranch. My hats off to those of you who are fighting the traffic at 6 a.m. in major metropolitian areas all across America. I hope that where you are that the sunrise will be equally beautiful for your morning commute. Late last night, after three days in the city I put into motion my plan of escape. The plan was to have everything ready to go well before 6 a.m. Instead of spending part of the day in the city I bolted at first light. Heading back the the ranch as the sun was rising, I contemplated the events of recent days. All in all, it went well. The one month post-op check up after my eye surgery went well. My doc seemed less than pleased that I am struggling a bit the the left eye. He wants me back in his office next month. He also seemed less than pleased that I opted to cut his prescribed dosis of eye drops in half. And you should have seen his face when I told him I planned on using those eye drops for our blind horse that has "issues" with her "good" eye. If steroid drops reduce inflammation in the eye, it only stands to reason that Gracie could benefit from it. I personally try to avoid all steroids if possible, so instead of 4 times a day I'm using it 2 times a day. I could write 10,000 word blog post on how life changing it has been to have undergone eye surgery after 47 years of struggling with my vision deficiencies. And since I was "forced" to leave the tranquility of the ranch to go to the appointment with my "less than pleased with me" eye doctor, I took advantage of the trip to the city to do some visiting. I had dinner with one of my step-daughters last night. Emails are nice, so are text messages and phone calls but they pale in comparision with a sit down, one on one, heart to heart, eyeball to eyeball conversation. We had a grand time. The food was good but the conversation was even better. I spent time relaxing at the pool with my "first and best of all time" roomate and her family. I had a great time, however I did feel a little bit wierd actually having "real" leisure time. The "no chores, no one needing to be taken care of, nothing needing to be fixed or cleaned territory is strange and unfamiliar to my current lifestyle. I spent time with some of my "long lost" nieces and nephews. What a delightful bunch of young people. It gives me hope for the future of our planet and civilization as we know it when I hear how clearly they see the current status of the world. Now, I'm headed back to the ranch and to My Honey and all of our animals. Can't wait to get there, but I made this pit stop at a library to post this blog. Have I ever mentioned the fact that I have library cards in three different states ? Not having a computer does make blogging more challenging, but then I'm always up for any good challenge. I guess if you've read more than one or two of my blog post then you already know that.

No comments: