Thursday, July 17, 2008

Tomato Talk




We've arrived to the time of year that we have a wide variety of tomatoes. We have a new one this year that we've not seen before. It is called Green Zebra. In the tomato photos shown above we have many types of red tomatoes. We have small yellow ones called Yellow Pear Tomato. And the green ones are the Green Zebra Tomatoes. Their look and taste are very distinctive. After slicing this one for the photo, I was thinking how to use it. Before I came up with some creative idea I picked up a slice and ate it. Normally I don't eat a whole plate tomato slices while standing in the kitchen but it was so good, so juicy and so "flavorful". After I finished it all, it was almost like I'd eaten some exotic tropical fruit. There are "bazillions" of different types of tomatoes. Why stick with the regular tomatoes when there is an endless variety of tomatoes that most of us have never even seen before.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Gypsyheart lady....tkis for dropping by my blog....

Gosh you have a huge amount of space, how wonderful. Plus a good man and all the animals....heaven in my book.

Produce looks good, that is the way to stay healthy....

naturewitch said...

Hey Gypsy

couldn't agree more about the tomatoes - this summer i'm planning to groiw quite a range, including ones suitable for paste and drying xx